Today’s weather was cold and perfect with only a few moments of prickly heat, so I spent most of the day in bed burrito-wrapped in my similarly cold sheets. Dinner does not make itself, though,so blessed with an empty kitchen that was entirely mine for the taking (my aunt usually cooks, but she had to go somewhere), I decided to make a quick and simple meal out of the food in the fridge as well as reheat the Tofu & Mushroom in Sauce that I cooked for brunch.
Cost: PhP100 | Servings: 2-3 | Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 kg chicken breasts, diced and marinated in lemon & pepper
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 bar of butter
- 1 clove of garlic
- In a skillet, melt butter.
- Saute garlic.
- Fry chicken for 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Set aside.
- Stir-fry potatoes and tomatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix with chicken then serve.
Minus the potatoes, the chicken and tomatoes can also be used with olive oil and pasta.